Who can resist a quick and easy recipe? If you're short on time, cracking open a Lucky Me! Instant Pancit Canton for a meal is hard to beat.
Chowing down on just carbs, however, isn't always our favorite thing. We're always looking to add a little something extra to our quick and easy meals, so we went on a quick search for the perfect protein to match with our instant noodles.
That's when it dawned on us.
A poached egg would go perfect with the noodles. And the great thing is, it doesn't matter if your using the Kalamansi or Extra Hot noodles. The creamy yolk and soft whites go perfect with all of them.
That said, here's a breakdown of how to get it all together.
1. Boil water and add the Pancit Canton Noodles
2. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the noodles are al dente
3. Drain the noodles, place on a plate, and mix the seasonings and sauces
4. Crack the egg and poach in the same pot (if you're looking for a perfect poached egg, you may want to do it in a separate pot)
5. Place the poached egg on top of the mixed noodles
6. Break the egg and get some of that goodness
Overall, the meal shouldn't take more that 10 minutes to make, which is perfect for an easy meal for yourself (double up if you're cooking for 2).