What is ube (pronounced oo-bae)? Ube is a delicious Filipino delicacy made of bright purple yams, typically combined with condensed milk and butter to create a party in your palette. Its stunning purple color is inviting; its subtle, sweet flavor is addicting. Nowadays, it’s hard to not come across ube in your Instagram feed, as it’s infiltrating your favorite American desserts – ice cream, donuts, pop tarts, cupcakes, cereal treats and more!
Our cousin is an amazing baker, but we’re not. So, she taught us a very easy ube recipe that is almost fool-proof. If we can do it, you can too! Today, we’re making Ube Rice Krispies treats. Yum!
5 cups of Rice Krispies
1 bag of mini marshmallows
4 tbsp. of butter
1 tsp. of McCormick’s Ube extract
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan on low heat.
2. Add the marshmallows; stirring constantly until all have melted. Then, add your secret ingredient – the Ube extract. Remove from heat.
3. Add the Rice Krispies into the ube marshmallow mixture
4. Mix until the ube marshmallow mixture has coated each cereal bits.
5. Transfer it in a pan, and press. Let it cool.
6. Cut into squares, or just dig in! Enjoy!
Comments will be approved before showing up.