- Free U.S. Shipping for Orders over $59
- Secure Checkout
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
Stew Base Mix Pang Kare Kare Seasoning (No Peanut) by Mama Sita
Mama Sita's Pang Kare-Kare Stew Base Mix
Seasoning Mix For Peanut Sauce
Just add peanut butter
Basically Kare-Kare minus the peanuts, giving the flexibility of adding the desired amount of peanuts or peanut butter.
Stew Base Mix (Kare-Kare) Recipe (Serves 8-10):
1 pouch (50g) Mama Sita's Stew Base (Pang Kare-Kare) Mix
1 kg (2.2 lb) oxtail, cut into 1/2" lengths
10 cups (2.5 l) water
12 pcs (200g) sitaw (long green beans) cut into 2" lengths
2 pcs (200g) eggplant, sliced into 1/2" lengths
3/4 cup (130g) peanut butter
13 pcs (200g) pechay (bok choy leaves)
salt (to taste)
shrimp paste, sauteed (bagoong)
1. Boil oxtail in water. Lower the heat and simmer until meat is very tender, adding water as needed, leaving about 3 cups broth
2. Increase the heat, add eggplant and long green beans. Cook for 2 mins
3. In a bowl, combine Mama Sita's Stew Base Mix, peanut butter and 1 cup broth. Mix till smooth.
4. Add this mixture into the simmering oxtail, continue cooking until sauce thickens. Add pechay (bok choy leaves) and cook for 3 mins. Add salt to taste. Serve with rice and bagoong (sauteed shrimp paste)
Store in a cool dry place.
Product of the Philippines.